First dice some marrow, I took another third (don't worry I'm not writing up what happen to the final third... I'll leave that to your imagination.
Next I prepared the chicken. I coated the chicken with cornflour and 'hot mango mint' sauce (this is great stuff if you find it anywhere I recommend it).Now back to the marrow, add chopped onion, garlic, chili, broccoli and cabbage in a pan with some water. Boil this until the veg softens.
Whilst the marrow is boiling you can have some fun deepish fat frying up the chicken. I was aiming for both crispy and sticky at the same time, which was maybe a little adventurous but it came out pretty well (if in doubt leave it in until it starts browning)
Once it is cooked fish the chicken out the pan and mop off the excess oil with some kitchen paper. I didn't use the brush here, it's just photo bombing here.
Now once the marrow is ready you can blend it to produce a soup. Note: don't try unplugging a blender when it has got loose screws and your hands are wet. You have been warned.
Now you have two components ready to mix together. I put the soup in a bowl. Then I put the crispy chicken bits on top and finally garnished with some coriander.
Review
So I was happy with this. The soup worked well, I'd probably recommend it as the main way of using up loads of marrow if you get stuck in my situation. The crispy chicken was nice, but the frying killed off most of the mint mango sauce's flavour... I ended up adding a little extra to both the soup and the chicken, so it was probably a bit of a waste to use it to make a batter (it also burnt a little in the oil during the frying which wasn't ideal). The combination of the soup and chicken bits was good, I can see myself doing something similar again with a soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment