Wednesday, 2 October 2013

British Enchiladas

Fusion food. I like the idea. I like enchiladas and I'm British. Putting all this together, inevitably, lead to this.


  1. Take some fancy sausages. I used 2 leek and Stilton and 2 pork, black pudding and apple.
  2. I chopped up a Bramley apple.
  3. Apple and sausages and cider vinegar and a little sugar. In a pan. With heat.
  4. Extra flavour from mustard, parsley, rosemary and thyme. At this point dice and boil some swede and parsnip.
  5. After a while on a medium heat the apple softens. I kept adding water to keep the consistency a little runny.
  6. Take out about half the apple sauce and put in a bowl. As the remainder in the plan looked a little like sick I felt obliged to add carrots, as well as some of the chunks of swede and parsnip.
  7. Put quarter of the mix long ways in a tortilla wrap, and wrap it.
  8. End up with a dish with four wraps in it. Mash the remaining swede and parsnip.
  9. Coat the wraps with the remaining apple sauce and then a layer of the swede and parsnip mash.
  10. Serve. Here I've used a plate, you may use whatever you like.


    Review

    This meal was a gamble. So I was pretty happy it was even edible. It was actually quite nice, although the apple sauce was a little too sharp in the end. I guess using a little less vinegar and maybe a standard non-cooking apple would have worked better. Overall I think this idea has some merit- the wrap in the middle of what seemed more like a pie actually didn't taste out of place.



No comments:

Post a Comment