Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Purple potato bread

After the pizza I had some left over dough.
A quick google suggested potato and herb bread.

Method

  • I thinly sliced a pruple potato using a mandolin, and stirred this in with some rosemary, thyme, black pepper and oil.
  • I squashed out some dough and arranged the potato no more than two layer thick on top. I turned the rest of the dough into 'bread sticks'.
  • I added some thinly sliced garlic and cooked for about 25 minutes.
  • The bread is edible but not great- it was meant for pizza. I've not tried the potato bread yet, so more to follow.

Review

It tasted like herby garlic bread... the potato added a little texture but not too much else. If this were made with a better dough I'd say this would make a fancy/pretentious alternative to garlic bread without taking much of a gamble on making something people wouldn't like.
I think it would be OK to add a thicker layer of potato and then perhaps some cheese... but this would probably be best used as a starter or side.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Dr Ross, I'm loving your blog! Looking forward to the next installment!! :-)

    ReplyDelete